Sunday, January 15, 2012

Steel Grey

I: Hello hello! I noticed upon waking up that it was a beautiful, misleadingly sunny day out, so I decided it was the perfect opportunity for layering.  
After running a couple errands this morning (including working on a juicy new idea for a later post that I know you all will love), I took a look at my closet and decided on this amazing grey knit that's been in my family for awhile. It's really light, but extremely warm if worn over something- so that's exactly what I did. I loved the rich color of this medium-wash thrifted denim button up underneath the washed out grey, and I've always loved the silhouette of a crew neck sweater with a neat little collared shirt underneath. 
I loved how the draped vintage leather bomber, coupled with the cheetah print headscarf and blackberry lipstick gave this outfit a bit of an 80's punk vibe, while the collared shirt, chunky knit, and conservative skirt & tights soften it up nicely. At first, I thought to wear shorts, or a chiffon skirt and tuck in the sweater and button up- needless to say, it was Lump City. I had the idea to wear a tight pencil skirt, in this case, my trusty American Apparel charcoal colored zigzag (a remnant of my stint as a sales associate) fit the color palate perfectly.As I was reaching for a new pair of velvet platforms that I've been dying to wear, I realized that these thrifted, 90's chunky boots matched my lipstick perfectly and I was sold.
Have a nice Sunday, everyone!
oxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next Best Thing

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary." -Cecil Beaton
Disclaimer
All photos are taken by me with my Canon T1i unless stated otherwise. All design sets are created by me using Photoshop or Polyvore. Questions? E-mail me: dryycleanonly@gmail.com
© 2012-2013 DryyCleanOnly by Chidimma Aniebonam | All rights reserved . Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

INSTAGRAM @manobeina

Follow Me

Spotlight

MANOBEINA
Live In: