Monday, February 20, 2012

Dramatic Silhouettes

I: If there's one thing I love about fashion, it's the constantly changing rules surrounding the latest styles of a woman's silhouette. In the last couple decades, larger, bulky outerwear up-top with slim, tight-fitting bottoms has been quite trendy: I myself am a huge fan of oversized, cropped jackets. Today's post showcases a little of how to make this dramatic look in to more of an everyday outfit.

I picked up this amazing coat at the thrift awhile back, and I've been waiting for the perfect outfit to wear it with. Finally, on a particularly icy Sunday, I threw on an outfit that was missing something...something like faux fur. I paired very classic, plain pieces together, and kept the layering light so that the jacket would be the center of attention. To compliment its rich color, I added a warm orange turban and some berry toned lipstick, along with silver jewelry. I think I was definitely going for an Erykah Badu vibe here with the platforms!
I: Wearing Vintage Fur jacket, Pashmina Scarf as turban, Mexican Silver & Amber Cuff [eBay], Linen Button Up [vintage], Light Wash Denim Vest [Zara], High Waisted Skinny Jeans [BDG], Velvet Platform Boots [Deena & Ozzy]
My lovely friend Jackie rocked one of my favorite vintage jackets with a similar silhouette (it suited the weather perfectly). I really loved her choice in mixing the floral and herringbone patterns, but keeping a mostly dark, high contrast color palette. I think it's a first class example of a cute, warm winter outfit. 
J: Wearing Leather and Herringbone Jacket [vintage], Oversized Button Up [vintage J.Crew], The Riding Pant [American Apparel], Ankle Boots [Nine West], Floral Scarf as Turban [DIY]

oxo

1 comment:

Next Best Thing

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary." -Cecil Beaton
Disclaimer
All photos are taken by me with my Canon T1i unless stated otherwise. All design sets are created by me using Photoshop or Polyvore. Questions? E-mail me: dryycleanonly@gmail.com
© 2012-2013 DryyCleanOnly by Chidimma Aniebonam | All rights reserved . Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

INSTAGRAM @manobeina

Follow Me

Spotlight

MANOBEINA
Live In: