Monday, September 10, 2012

NYFW : SP2013


Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week is well underway and has so far been packed with some amazing shows. I took a long awaited road trip to Savannah, GA with my little sister so I was unfortunately unable to make it to New York. I DID, however, peruse the web for my favorite looks of the week so far.




Thakoon Panichgul is such a young designer, and every year he surprises me with his growth. The silhouettes of his designs were perfectly tailored to the bodies of the model's. Strong and defined, inspired by mod sixties shapes, but stood out from the body at the same time. Genius. The use of white shirt-dresses mixed with brightly colored semi-sheer pieces and colorful embroidery and made for a very refreshing showcase in the downtown Chelsea studio.   










Diane von Furstenburg is always one of my favorites during [and after!] NYFW. Her 'princess diaries' themed showcase gave us a glimpse into the life of a younger and more carefree Diane. The exotic destinations of regal globe-trotters in the late 1960's - early 1970's was reflected in pieces such as the billowing palazzo pants, the ball and chain sandals, and the geometrically detailed Cardin-esque tunics, which were in the captivating colors of Slim Aarons’s cafĂ©-society portraits. There's nothing I love more than when fashion and art help each other move forward in the world of design. 

Bravo to all of the designers thus far! 

ox

Images: Courtesy of Vogue 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next Best Thing

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary." -Cecil Beaton
Disclaimer
All photos are taken by me with my Canon T1i unless stated otherwise. All design sets are created by me using Photoshop or Polyvore. Questions? E-mail me: dryycleanonly@gmail.com
© 2012-2013 DryyCleanOnly by Chidimma Aniebonam | All rights reserved . Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

INSTAGRAM @manobeina

Follow Me

Spotlight

MANOBEINA
Live In: