Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Closet Raid: Session I

Many of you may or may not already know that my main focus in fashion is styling. I'm kind-of obsessed with it...So I thought, why not start a series where I help my friends rediscover their closets and style them using their own clothes? I love this challenge because no closet looks the same. Most people have a grasp of what their personal "style" is, but at the same time don't know how to put things together in a way that is unique to them and their body. That's what this is all about; rediscovering your wardrobe and your self

My first style subject is one of my closet friends, Isak (pictured above). Her Closet Raid session was so much fun because she is one person who definitely already knows how to make personal statements with her wardrobe. Her session consisted of digging into her impressive collection of clothing to rediscover gems that had been forgotten and put them together in a way she hadn't thought of. 
The lace top paired with the leather pants created a gorgeous contradiction. Tough and delicate at the same time. 
How beautiful is that copper jewelry? Brought back by Isak's parents from their trip to Europe.

This outfit was definitely Isak's favorite. Extremely comfortable and fun! Just the simple American Apparel dress paired with that amazing vintage gold clutch would have been fine, but the fishnet shirt and leather vest added the flare of personality I wanted to exude from her appearance.

I love it when women are bold with their outfit choices. Its refreshing to have so many options when it comes to what we choose to adorn ourselves with everyday. Whether its an eye-catching belt or funky jacket, daring femininity is the key to this statement look. We're blessed with feminine assets so why not play them up? This entire outfit is made up of bold pieces that accentuate her curves in flawless ways.  
Styling and photos by me.

ox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next Best Thing

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary." -Cecil Beaton
Disclaimer
All photos are taken by me with my Canon T1i unless stated otherwise. All design sets are created by me using Photoshop or Polyvore. Questions? E-mail me: dryycleanonly@gmail.com
© 2012-2013 DryyCleanOnly by Chidimma Aniebonam | All rights reserved . Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

INSTAGRAM @manobeina

Follow Me

Spotlight

MANOBEINA
Live In: