Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Babylon Cartel x AnmlHse

Where can I begin with these fine young men. I first discovered both Babylon Cartel & AnmlHse a couple of weeks ago when I hit up the Trillectro music festival in Washington, DC. The fact that they both had a really good amount of merchandise is what drew them to me from the get go. I'm so tired of seeing the same old "designers" release the same old "dope t-shirt lines". Can we all agree that this trend needs to die? To me, the point of creating your own line is to encourage innovation, especially in a fashion world that is slowly becoming more and more uniform. 
Babylon Cartel was born in Philadelphia, PA but has since relocated to LA. Don't go thinking their name is one they just grabbed out of the sky because it sounds cool. It's meaning is actually pretty amazing. They describe how they came up with it perfectly on their website. 

" Babylon, from the Hebrew “Babel” is interpreted to mean confusion, and by definition, a cartel is a formal agreement among competitors. The meaning behind “Babylon Cartel” is the joining of the often conflicting and confusing elements of mind, body and soul to work together to originate the most inventive forms."

Genius, and you see it in their merchandise as well. Every single piece in their collection has its own little back story, which makes the experience of wearing their clothing all the more enjoyable. It is literally is the definition of artwork you can wear. My current favorite is their Adidas Originals collaboration Trap Paradise Shirt (above). The imagery is stunning...most likely my next BC purchase as soon as they restock!
Lets talk about AnmlHse. These guys are a crew that found each other while at Art School also in Philadelphia. I find that their line not only incorporates art themes, but it's reflective of pop culture as well. The Warhol "Anml Soup" tee and the Youth in Revolt '89 snapback are my favorites. Of course they're both sold out, people know quality. I really shouldn't be complaining though, I still managed to buy a couple of their pieces when I met with them and BC at Trillectro. You all may remember the B&W varsity scrimmage pro-mesh jersey from my last post which was from AnmlHse. I also had to buy the Boobs tank in black as well that day. Honestly, how could I resist?
I promise you won't be disappointed if you check out both of these amazing up-and-coming design brands. There's a little something for everyone. Look out for more in-depth video coverage of both BC & AnmlHse in the coming future. These are a group of designers I definitely want to keep my eyes on.

oxo

26 comments:

  1. Great post. Makes me excited to move to D.C for a bit. That anml shirt is nuts. I need it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool hats http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello pretty!! Thank you so much for your comment ;) Love the white tee, so cool!! ;) kisses

    http://caprice-by-elirosu.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your outfit! Fabulous blog and I want all this snapbacks! They are really awesome<3

    http://jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me encanta tu blog y mil gracias por tu comentario!!
    Mil besos
    www.iriasecrets.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfecta!!!! me encanta el post :)
    deverdemanzana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I relly like the tees.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. aersome tee shirts! would you like to follow each other? xx

    http://scattergirll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. me encanta y las fotos geniales,besos.
    www.fashionismylifeestefania.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  10. The ANML tee is sick. Love the caps too. x

    Nerve Wires

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool pics!

    www.lessismroeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Remembers me that I really need such a cap!

    And thank you for your nice comment on my blog - I checked immediately your blog with the result: I like it!

    I would like to follow you on gfc and/or bloglovin. It´ll be great if you come return to my blog to follow me – then I will follow you immediately back.

    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey hey, I'm glad you liked it I'm in the beginning but already addicted to this world of the blogs!! And Preppy Lemonade is already on Bloglovin (http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9725179/preppy-lemonade) stay tuned and follow the blog so you can be updated with all my little news and surprises!! Hope to hear from you soon!!

    With love, Bárbara
    www.preppylemonade.com

    P.s.: LOVINGGG your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you styled the tee!:) cool blog! I followed you on bloglovin and I liked your facebook page with my personal account (petra lorencová)♥

    www.lorietta.cz


    Lorietta Facebook page


    Lorietta Bloglovin profile

    ReplyDelete
  15. greatttt =)

    http://thefantasticfashionworld.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pictures! Thank you for visit my blog. Lets follow each other? Kisses.
    http://www.solaanteelespejo.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the t-shirt :) Great post!
    http://unachicasual.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, amazing caps and t-shirts!!

    ..................
    Consigue 30$ para gastar en Chicnova en mi blog! descubre como: http://timeofstyle.blogspot.com / Get $ 30 to spend on Chicnova through my blog, see as: http://timeofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW!
    Great items and pics.
    Kisses and thanks for comment on my blog!
    http://withmyhips.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  20. All of those caps are too cool, I'm really digging that t-shirt too.

    ReplyDelete

Next Best Thing

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary." -Cecil Beaton
Disclaimer
All photos are taken by me with my Canon T1i unless stated otherwise. All design sets are created by me using Photoshop or Polyvore. Questions? E-mail me: dryycleanonly@gmail.com
© 2012-2013 DryyCleanOnly by Chidimma Aniebonam | All rights reserved . Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

INSTAGRAM @manobeina

Follow Me

Spotlight

MANOBEINA
Live In: