Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Studio 85

 C: The Studio 85 Boutique had its grand opening in D.C. this past Friday. The place was packed full of all ages coming to get a first glimpse at the quaint, stylish location. As soon as I entered the first thing I noticed was that the walls were filled with gorgeous paintings and drawings.
All the artwork belonged to local DMV artists who were also at the opening. Rich Ant (pictured above, along with some artwork), my personal favorite artist of the night, was actually painting live in the back of the boutique. I was of course one of the people standing behind her for 30 minutes wondering how someone could have so much talent in one hand! 
Artist: Creative Junk (below, left)
The entire event was extremely intimate, which I loved. It was neat to be able to have one-on-one’s with the artists on top of checking out the funky hand-made jewelry. From leather cut-out earrings... 
...to pink neon bow-tie hair pieces, they had it all! I of course snagged a pair of massive black hoops for myself (which actually ended up breaking... :( ).
        The boutique features a beautiful, mostly earth-toned nail polish line-- I wanted every color! The orange and the pale, shell pink were two of my personal favorites :) On my next trip, I'll definitely be grabbing a couple of these babies.
Artist: Marc William Bryant (Above)
Artist: Patrick Burns (above, left)
Unfortunately none of the actual clothes were on display that night because the place was so packed, but I smell a trip to Studio 85 with the girls in the near future. We’ll get our fix then ;)

oxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next Best Thing

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary." -Cecil Beaton
Disclaimer
All photos are taken by me with my Canon T1i unless stated otherwise. All design sets are created by me using Photoshop or Polyvore. Questions? E-mail me: dryycleanonly@gmail.com
© 2012-2013 DryyCleanOnly by Chidimma Aniebonam | All rights reserved . Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

INSTAGRAM @manobeina

Follow Me

Spotlight

MANOBEINA
Live In: